These months between winter and spring can feel like a drag, but they don’t have to! No matter what time of year it is, you can always find fun events and activities to enjoy in Orange County. The Hakola & Associates real estate team is here to bring you a list of activities for you to enjoy in the coming month. All you have to do is pick out the ones that sound most enjoyable to you!
1. At Los Alamitos ‘Race on the Base,’ there is a run or walk option for everyone in the family! These take place Feb. 23 and 24. If you’ve fallen into a couch potato routine this winter, this is a great excuse to get out in the OC sunshine and enjoy a 5K run or walk, a 10K run, a reverse triathlon, a glow in the dark fun run and more. There will also be live music, helicopters, planes and fun activities for the whole family.
2. The Irvine Park Railroad Anniversary Celebration will take place Feb. 24 and 25 at Irvine Regional Park and will celebrate 21 years of business! Enjoy $2 train rides, which is what they cost back in 1996. There will also be a whole slew of other $2 activities and concessions, such as carnival games, hot dogs, ice cream, bounce houses, hay rides and more. You can even pan for gold!
3. Whale watching tours have been happening all season long, with tons of whale spottings, but coming up March 3 and 4, and March 10 and 11, is the Festival of Whales in Dana Point! This event celebrates the return of California Gray Whales with a parade, sand sculpting, musical entertainment, concerts on the water, a block party, art shows, a pancake breakfast, barbecues, kids crafts, classic car exhibits and so much more. Catch a whale watching cruise from Dana Point any time as well!
4. For adults looking for a fun night out, purchase tickets to the El Presidente Ball at the El Adobe de Capistrano in San Juan Capistrano. This will take place on March 17 this year from 6 to 8 p.m. Journey back to the 1800s in early California and see how “the West was fun” with great food, old-fashioned fun and dancing under the stars to live country western music.
5. Did you know Huntington Beach’s sister city is Anjo, Japan? This is why they throw a Cherry Blossom Festival on March 18 at Central Park Bandstand! Enjoy a free day of fun, including Japanese food, music, dance, cultural performances, games and crafts for kids. You’ll feel like you traveled across the sea to Japan without actually leaving Orange County.
See, you’ve got plenty to enjoy in Orange County this time of year! This is also a great time of year to achieve your Orange County real estate market goals. When ready to buy, sell or invest, contact us, the Hakolas & Associates team! We are here to help!
Hakola & Associates
Steve, Karen and Bryan Hakola
Visit Our Website
Find Your Dream Orange County Home Today
Become Our Facebook Fan
Follow Us on Twitter